Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sept 26 - first travel glitch

My flight from Brazil arrived on time in JFK, but an equipment problem on the Quantas flight to Sydney caused them to cancel that flight. That mucks with my sightseeing plans - I was planning to get to Sydney early Sunday morning, drink lots of coffee and do the hop-on-hop-off bus tour, before catching my flight to Melbourne on Monday afternoon (in time to present Tues). Now, I don't arrive in Sydney until Monday morning, so I'll push my flight to Melbourne up as early as possible.

That gives me a night in New York. I could've stayed with the herd of Quantas refugees at some hotel of their choosing, but instead I rented a car and drove to visit my in-laws Dave & Marge.


As an IBMer I'm a Hertz Gold #1 club member. When I got to the counter, the girl asked, "Is a Mustang OK?" I thought she was joking, but this is the car she put me in:

It made the drive up to Wappingers go a little faster than it might otherwise have.

Dave & Marge and I watched the presidential debate, and heckled the contestants. The next morning Dave and I futzed about on his new PC a bit, before I headed back down to the airport to try to get to Australia.

No comments: