Thursday, October 2, 2008

Arrival in Sydney

I made it to Sydney, checked into the hotel, and quickly jumped on the hop-on hop-off bus tour. Got some photos of the Sydney icons, the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House:




I'm sticking with the "only shave on presentation days" plan, so here's me with two days beard growth:


You can take a tour which is actually a climb, up along the top edge of the bridge. Here's a photo of some folks doing that climb:


I really didn't get many good photos from the tour bus, because I focused on getting video. Unfortunately much of that didn't come out too good either... By the time the driver tells you what's coming up, it's already passed.

When I finally got up close to the opera house, I learned that it is actually a collection of three buildings:


The roofs are made up of tens of thousands of individual tiles:




There are lots of restaurants near my hotel, and I found one that was serving Kangaroo Loin. It was good! Very much like a beef steak, and was actually cheaper than their steaks. They only served it cooked rare, and it came with vegetables. Yum!

I present today. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow...

No comments: