Monday, October 6, 2008

Kuala Lumpur

I made it to Kuala Lumpur, checked into the hotel, and managed to find the Petronas Towers. They are walking distance from the hotel, but I had to wind my way around a few streets to get to them. The first pictures I took were from one of the side streets:


There is a little park right in front center of the buildings, so this is the obligatory shot from that park:


This one is from the hotel the following morning. I stayed on the 28th floor, and as I was getting onto the elevator I looked out the window at the end of the hall and saw the towers poking up over the building next door:


There's really only one other sight in KL - they have a tower which is also visible from many parts of the city:


The Crowne Plaza KL was a bit of a step down from the Pan Pacific. I had to manually close my window's curtains. It was a bay window, but I was on the side of the hotel that faced away from the towers. Probably a good thing, since they are lit up quite brightly...

I'm teaching today, then flying to Japan tonight.

No comments: